The Black Iron Dish is the perfect companion for your Sunday lunch or lazy summer BBQ
Dimensions - 33.5 x 39.5 x 4.5cm
Weight - 1 KG
Material - Cast Iron
These handcrafted Trays have a protective oiled coating for transport and will require the traditional 'curing' process for this type of pan prior to use:-
- To remove the coating, heat to a medium temperature and then wash vigorously in warm soapy water.
- Dry thoroughly and apply a thin coat of cooking oil, removing any excess.
- Heat to a hot temperature, the oil may smoke a little, this is a good thing as it is part of the process of ‘curing’.
- Repeat this application process several times until an even ‘black’ coat is achieved.
- Now your Skillets are ready to use.
You can repeat the oiling process whenever necessary to keep your Skillets in tip top condition and the more they are used, the better the non-stick finish becomes.
Tip: Avoid cleaning in a dishwasher as this will remove this natural oiled finish.